IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Serve as Oncology and/or operational expert throughout the new business and program/project delivery lifecycle.
NOTE - Please check you meet the minimum criteria outlined below before making an application.
- Accountable and responsible for creating effective delivery strategies and solutions for large, complex, multi-service, multi-region studies or programs may include mega studies, addressing the specific needs and challenges of each customer and differentiate Iqvia from its competitors.
- In partnership with Sales, Medical, Operations, and other functions, contribute to the award of strategic and tactical new business to achieve annual Gross New Business targets.
- Act as champion for project centricity within the organization through enabling the project delivery team assigned to an awarded project to understand and implement the project strategy that was sold. Evaluate and recommend effective adjustments to strategy when any trends or triggers associated with progress indicate this is required
- Actively support long term enterprise business growth through collaboration with Centres of Excellence and other stakeholders
- Accountable for the creation and optimization of innovative, effective and compelling delivery strategies and solutions for large, complex, multi-service, multi-region studies or programs, (may include mega studies), that incorporate and leverage Iqvia services and experience, are operationally feasible, and result in the award of new business
- Collaborate with Sales to evaluate and manage new opportunities received from customers from receipt through to award decision. This may include, but is not limited to, stand-alone programs and projects, requests for information (RFI), capabilities and early engagement
- Work with key internal stakeholders to analyse information and data that enables development of efficient and feasible delivery solutions. This may include, but is not limited to, protocol feasibility and risk management, identification of target site and principal investigator profiles, optimal country and site distributions, site initiation and patient recruitment modelling, assessment and management of the competitive landscape
- Development and review of the budget (labour and pass-through costs) associated with the proposed project strategy. The budget should be competitive and in line with the contribution margin targets and pricing strategy agreed with Sales, leadership, and other stakeholders
- Support internal review and approval of both the opportunity approach and strategy before proposals are issued to customers including presentations to senior leadership
- Define and communicate the project team profile and organizational structure that will enable operational managers to identify and assign team members that can meet the customer's needs and successfully secure the project award
- Guide and mentor assigned Project Leader through a comprehensive handover of the project strategy and facilitate their understanding so that they can confidently present the project strategy to the client and the internal stakeholders
- Actively support Sales in the preparation and conduct of customer and bid defense meetings e.g. training and preparation of the assigned project team; provide specific content; ensure presentation focus and content effectively conveys project strategy and critical win themes. Attend and present at customer meeting, or bid defense meeting, as required, (based on the strategy for selling the opportunity)
- Coordinate with Sales to complete follow up actions identified at bid defenses and customer meetings
- During project execution, evaluate the project strategy with the project team and adjust delivery strategy when project or program progress, trends, and milestones indicate intervention required
- Lead and support development of a project delivery strategy and budget over a short or potentially extended period as part of an early engagement effort. This may be in support of a customer partnership model where new work is assigned to Iqvia in advance and/or non-competitively. It may also be used to develop a relationship and win business from a customer where Iqvia seeks to proactively establish a relationship and win new business
- Actively support long term enterprise business growth through collaboration with, or membership of, Therapeutic Centres of Excellence and other stakeholders.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, advanced degree preferred, with specialization in Oncology and 12 years global clinical research experience, including hands on operational delivery and/or drug development experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven track record in operational delivery and/or drug development
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Remain up to date with knowledge and information that supports effectiveness as a Strategy Lead e.g. understanding Iqvia's services, and product offerings, status and trends in Oncology, innovations and advances in clinical trial methodology, and business intelligence. For Real World Late Phase (RWLP) Strategy Leads: broad real-world research knowledge
- Broad protocol and Oncology knowledge
- Proven ability to make decisions with limited information, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results
- Experience working productively in a pressurized environment, managing competing priorities and maintaining a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it
- Comprehensive global knowledge, awareness, and practical understanding of the biopharma industry, drug development lifecycle and operational clinical trial delivery
- Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; e.g. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall offering
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, and lead a virtual team in a matrix organization
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Strong business acumen including confidence with financial considerations, excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and comfort working in both sales and operational environments
- Flexible and able to work in situations where specifications may or may not be well defined
- Confident and capable in the use of technology, applications and other media e.g. databases and internet to research/assess new opportunities, maintain currency of therapeutic and operational knowledge and the competitive landscape
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide network of individuals e.g. co-workers, managers and customers
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
May require frequent travel
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.