Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) role is a key field-based position within the Hematology/Oncology US Business Unit supporting the commercial efforts of the Hematology Oncology portfolio. The TLL is an exceptional business leader with deep hematology/oncology experience who will work regionally to drive results in three main areas: 1) KOL relationship development and alignment 2) speaker identification, training and management and 3) commercial program facilitation and execution. This position will report into the head of the Thought Leader Liaison team and will be remotely based.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Advocacy and Thought Leader Development
- Identify, cultivate and maintain long-standing relationships with national and regional Hem/Onc KOLs, speaker bureau faculty and advisors
- Support KOL influence-mapping initiatives developing profiles and engagement / communication plans for each assigned KOL
- Monitor KOL opinions about current and future treatment patterns that may impact the Hematology/Oncology portfolio and provide feedback for consideration in the development of portfolio and brand strategic plans
- Address customer service issues and coordinate cross-functional action plans to address issue as needed
- Act as the primary liaison between KOLs and Jazz Pharmaceuticals, including office-based cross-functional colleagues / teams
- Attend and coordinate local, regional and national conferences and scientific meetings as identified and directed
Speaker Bureau Management and Speaker Training
- Work with field and office-based colleagues to identify, contract and train qualified promotional speakers.
- Provide real time assessment of speaker and program effectiveness
- Assess speaker utilization and program logistics to ensure compliance with internal corporate policies and guidelines
- Work with Marketing, sales leadership and contracted speakers to gain and synthesize feedback in support of the evolution of promotional programming content
Program Facilitation and Management
- Work with Marketing and Sales Management to identify and recruit KOLs for national and regional advisory boards
- Assist in the facilitation and execution of commercial advisory boards
- Assist commercial team with KOL recruitment for ad hoc initiatives such as sales training initiatives, presentations at national sales meetings, content development for commercial programs, presentations to office-based Jazz employees, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Strong scientific acumen and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen actively and synthesize information in a meaningful way
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills with proven ability to present to large and small audience
- Demonstrate fluency in articulating complex scientific concepts and data
- Good judgment, ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
- Strategic, passionate, self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong understanding of the laws, regulations and rules governing the pharmaceutical industry
- Must work well in large and small teams, ability to work remotely
- Ability to travel 60%-70%
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Advanced health science degree a plus
- At least 5 years of combined hematology, oncology or other related industry experience; Marketing or clinical experience in the same or related therapeutic area a plus
- A minimum of 5 or more years work experience in one or more of the following: clinical liaison, thought leader management, key account management or clinical sales
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding expectations in assigned responsibilities as confirmed by references
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.