Requisition ID: INF004853
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Merck's Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing
Merck's contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
As the Business Intelligence Solutions Architect at Merck's Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
This role will be responsible for defining the solution and technical architecture of the BI solution for commercial operations reporting and analytics. They will work closely with the global architecture team to align the BI architecture globally between data integration and BI.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and document high level and detailed solution/technical architectures based on requirements that have been defined at initiative scoping and/or Business Requirement phases.
- Define, manage and evolve the BI Solution architecture roadmap to ensure that the BI and Analytics solution can continuously improve value driven insights.
- Support project delivery by providing direction and input to resolve design issues associated with the solution or technical architecture.
- Actively participate in project chartering and/or business requirement sessions as a means of assisting the Business Architect in crafting such artifacts.
- Present Solution Architectures to business and IT stakeholders.
- Review solution designs and participate in code reviews as part of delivery projects.
Education Minimum Requirement: - B.S. or M.S. in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience as a solutions architect.
- Knowledge with latest technologies in reporting, data warehousing, and data management.
- Competency in Information Management, Data Analysis and Reporting Requirement Elicitation.
- Experience designing BI Solutions (e.g. Qlik, MicroStrategies, PowerBI)
- Experience working with large teams and defining Solution Architectures of complex BI solutions.
- High Proficiency in dimensional modeling for BI solutions and Cloud architectural components.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to lead requirements sessions with clients and project teams.
- Experience collaborating with on and off-shore engineering resources.
- Leverage appropriate development methodologies (e.g.: agile, waterfall) and best practices.
- Knowledge of predictive analysis tools (i.e. SAS, R).
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin