Our Manufacturing Division, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Our manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Utilities Lead Engineer position available. Merck's Elkton campus is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains just a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
This position supports expansion of manufacturing operations in vaccine fermentation and purification production areas. The successful candidate will be a key member of a cross functional project team tasked with rapidly increasing manufacturing capacity through capital and smaller-scale improvement projects, with a focus on utilities. The position will transition to supporting operations through production ramp up and into steady state manufacturing.
- Provide operational design criteria and input to cross-functional project suite teams, with a focus on WFI, clean steam, process air, glycol, etc.
- Establish strategy and manage execution of operational procedure development.
- Development of standard work to support utility requirements.
- Support off-site factory acceptance testing, including higher frequency and duration of travel during a defined period.
- Support onsite start up of utility systems
- Identify, evaluate, plan, and execute continuous improvement projects to increase the team's effectiveness in meeting business goals including safety, quality, productivity, and reliability objectives.
- Lead and participate in safety, environmental, and quality audits and investigations and implementation of related corrective actions.
- Act as IPT SME for utility Guidelines and Standards
- Troubleshooting utility systems, including but not limited to, chillers, air handler units (AHUs), WFI loops, clean steam generators, vapor compression stills, programmable logic controllers (PLC), humidifiers/dehumidifiers, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controllers and monitors.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS or Higher in engineering or similar technical field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in regulated manufacturing or utilities environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in pharmaceutical, chemical, or related industry
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 5 years experience in vaccines/biologics manufacturing environment
- Experience with clean utility systems and start ups
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Yes - Raw materials used in vacciens manufacturing.
Number of Openings: