Requisition ID: MAI000928
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At Merck & Co., Inc.'s manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia, we currently have a Utilities Lead Engineer position available. Merck's Elkton campus is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains just a short distance from major state universities: University of Virginia and James Madison University.
This position supports expansion of manufacturing operations in our GARDASIL® vaccine fermentation and purification production areas. The successful candidate will be a key member of a cross functional project team tasked with rapidly increasing manufacturing capacity through capital and smaller-scale improvement projects. The position will transition to supporting operations through production ramp up and into steady state manufacturing.
- Provide operational design criteria and input to cross-functional project suite teams.
- Establish strategy and manage execution of operational procedure development.
- Development of standard work to support utility requirements.
- Support off-site factory acceptance testing, including higher frequency and duration of travel during a defined period.
- Support onsite start up of utility systems
- Identify, evaluate, plan, and execute continuous improvement projects to increase the team's effectiveness in meeting business goals including safety, quality, productivity, and reliability objectives.
- Lead and participate in safety, environmental, and quality audits and investigations and implementation of related corrective actions.
- Act as IPT SME for utility Guidelines and Standards
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS or Higher in engineering or similar technical field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in regulated manufacturing or utilities environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in pharmaceutical, chemical, or related industry
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 5 years experience in vaccines/biologics manufacturing environment
- Experience with clean utility systems and start ups
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Yes - Raw materials used in vacciens manufacturing.
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia