Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
The Vaccine Customer Representative is a key member of the Vaccine Horizontal Market Team and plays a critical role in supporting the Company's Vaccines customer engagement model.
He/she is responsible for engaging with customers in a way that supports the local market focus on population health and centers on the highest potential business opportunities that will improve our impact on public health. He/she will work with the local market team to understand and identify customer needs, proactively align products and services, support pull-through activities relative to integrated strategies, and ensure that MV is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients. Responsible for ensuring all activities adhere to the spirit and letter of all Company Policies and US Laws and Regulations.
Primary activities include:
Account Management / Contracting: Understand multiple interdependencies within an account, consider customer healthcare goals and needs, and maximize account performance by building long-term relationships through collaborative business planning processes and approaches. This includes conducting customer business reviews with appropriate stakeholders discussing the financial impact of contracts and progress/results of targeted vaccine programs and previously identified opportunities to improve customer benefits.
- Understand complex account interdependencies in order to develop both short and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders, and lead a local account team’s execution to deliver on the account plan.
- Work consistently with customers to demonstrate an understanding of and support for office vaccine protocols. Understand the role of each health care practitioner in the office (e.g., office manager, Medical Assistants, nurse, physician) as it relates to establishing and implementing the vaccine protocol.
- Provide information and resources that support the integration of a standard of care and the development and establishment of office vaccination protocols.
- Maintain complete knowledge and understanding of MV contract terms and conditions. Apply knowledge of contracts and historical ordering patterns to optimize vaccine purchases for customers and appropriate inventory in support of office protocols, vaccination goals, and seasonality in patient origination.
- Manage customer supply, product transition, and back-order challenges and communications.
- Develop annual portfolio-wide account strategy business plan with corresponding business case for top accounts.
- Establish and track account performance metrics to evaluate progress and performance, and to assess opportunity and need to adjust plans and associated tasks.
Sales Acumen: Build trust with customers and demonstrate value in selling situations to deliver high-quality engagements or interactions that deliver products/solutions with the common goal of improving health outcomes in pediatric, adolescent, and adult populations and across diverse customer segments which may include private or public sector (state health departments, FQHCs, VISNs, VAs, Military, Pharmacy, etc.). Work cross functionally with each Company Vaccine and USCO counterpart to provide support and resources that assist customers in achieving health outcomes.
- Collaborate with customers through solid relationship management skills and leverage customer insights to provide comprehensive solutions to previously unmet and evolving healthcare needs with a focus on population health management.
- Understand and appropriately converse about current health care trends per company guidance, including: ACOs, PCMHs, HC Reform, Prevention & Wellness, etc.
- Change customer behaviors by understanding beliefs and experiences and providing appropriate insight that creates a different experience.
- Create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of Company Vaccines (clinical) and Commercial Offers in support of patient health & wellness.
- Ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer healthcare needs, use the insights to position Company vaccines and commercial offers, and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
Customer Segmentation & Targeting - Divide customer population into groups of individuals who share similar characteristics and buying behaviors, and apply this information to focus on groups effectively, allocate promotional resources, and drive execution of commercial plans
- Identify key customer segments, channels, and opportunities across the eco-system of patient care. Evaluate and prioritize business across many different types of customer segments including: public clinics, private systems, pharmacy, government, VA/military/CBOCs, FQHCs, etc.
- Divide a customer base into customer segments and apply the insights to effectively and differentially allocate marketing and field resources that drive execution of sales and marketing plans.
- Communicate our Company's Vaccine clinical information and Commercial Offers in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customize discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Engage in informed discussions about products with Health Care Provider customers - knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Act as primary point of contact for customer, meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers: Managed Care Organization (MCO), employers, state and local policy)/network structure, customer needs and identify business opportunitiesCoordinate with customer team to develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions and potential offerings for customer
For all employees, please initiate a discussion with your manager to review your interest in this opportunity and to determine whether or not it is aligned (readiness/availability) with your Employee Development Plan.
If the successful candidate is an existing Field Sales employee in grades S2 or S1, he/she will be offered the position at his/her current grade/band level. If a former Field-Sales Customer Team Leader / Business Manager is the successful candidate, he/she will be offered the position at a grade S2.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organized
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities with demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to policies is critical
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: