Our Marketing team is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Under the guidance of the Director, Commercial Operations-Vaccines, the Vaccine Key Customer Leader (VKCL) is the primary Vaccine point of contact for our Company with assigned large private and public sector customers within their designated market. The Vaccine Key Customer Leader engages with C- / D-suite customers in assigned accounts and collaborates with the extended Company field team to ensure implementation and pull-through at the individual clinic/hospital/provider level.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- The Vaccine Key Customer Leader will be accountable for the Vaccines business performance, business relationship and customer experience with assigned customers, coordinating appropriate Company resources and personnel to meet the needs of the customer.
- Actively develops, enhances and applies a deep understanding of assigned customers, the local market healthcare /vaccination ecosystem, and ensuing interplay and translates into potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrates and applies in-depth knowledge of the vaccination landscape including: vaccination schedule, quality measures, reimbursement processes, key factors affecting uptake, local immunization registries, coalitions, school requirements.
- Responsible for demonstrating strong collaboration and coordination with all Company customer-facing roles. With all assigned accounts, the Vaccine Key Customer Leader will be responsible for building a Vaccines account strategy focused on increasing appropriate use of our Company Vaccines and coordinating the account team execution consistent with the strategy and customer needs.
- Identifies key vaccine decision-makers and influencers, understands their concerns and priorities, builds trusting relationships that differentiate our Company
- Collaborates with internal and customer stakeholders to formulate approach and select/deploy solutions to meet customer needs.
- Identifies strategic customers within region/geography that afford our Company differentiated business opportunities and prioritizes their importance.
Stays abreast of competitor approaches and Company customer contracting strategy; engages appropriate Company account team members (field and HQ) to capitalize on opportunities to grow/defend the Vaccine business.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MA/MS/MBA in Business, Marketing, Science, Healthcare or Public Health
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Sales leadership, Key Account Management / Client Service Management, Marketing, and/or Strategy preferably in the Healthcare industry
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in Sales leadership or Strategic Account Management with key thought leaders or high influence customers in Public Health, Large Group Practices, Hospitals/Systems, or Managed Care Organizations
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships, including the ability to influence senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines
- Strong peer leadership and ability to collaborate with and coordinate activity among individuals in different reporting structures within the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform with a high level of independence
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Valid Driver's License
- (25 % travel)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in/with Vaccines; strong understanding of Vaccination (products, processes, marketplace)
- Recent Local Market and Customer Knowledge
- Experience in a strategic or management role in Public Health or Health System/Medical Group
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws and regulations that govern Pharmaceutical/Vaccine Marketing and Sales activities
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: