The Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments that last up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
This position will report to vaccine production or engineering management and support ongoing operational activities. Given the close interaction with actual Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) manufacturing, candidates need to be prepared to comply with GMP gowning restrictions for some of their activities (e.g. "“ remove jewelry, remove make-up, remove false nails, etc.).
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing on-the-floor support of operational and technical issues; collaborating with the shop floor on a variety of different projects and activities that are critical to ongoing manufacturing of vaccines at the West Point, PA site.
- Performing deviation investigations aimed to prevent deviation re-occurrence, including determining the root cause, identifying corrective/preventative actions, identifying event scope, and conducting a product impact assessment. Where applicable, complete investigational test protocols to determine root cause, product impact, event scope, etc.
- Completing projects to improve the performance of our processes and manufacturing performance, including projects aimed at improving Right-First-Time performance or preventing/reducing deviations, and continuous improvement projects that seek to improve yield, reduce cost, or lower our processing cycle times.
- Supporting team safety, environmental and compliance objectives.
- Collaboration with the area Managers, Operators/Mechanics, support groups (Maintenance, Automation, Technology, Quality, and Supply Chain).
- Executing projects and assigned studies in a right-first-time manner.
- Actively using and championing the use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools, both in problem solving and day-to-day operational activities.
- Provide progress updates to mentor summarizing the status of the assignments that are underway.
- Work with assigned mentor to develop personal and professional skills.
This is a full- time Co-Op position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Candidate must be pursuing BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biomedical, or related Engineering discipline, or pursuing a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Virology, or Business and Engineering.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in biologics, vaccine or bulk sterile manufacturing facilities.
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Capabilities for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, including leading small projects.
- Frequently interacts with employees within own and from other departments.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: