About the Department
The Novo Nordisk Inc. Marketing team leads all US marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk’s robust diabetes and obesity portfolio, which includes GLP1s, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), devices, insulins, analogues and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes and other chronic or rare diseases. We are looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Vice President (VP), Consumer Marketing leads the advancement and delivery of patient & consumer marketing excellence to the cardiometabolic portfolio.
- Strategic framework: Sets the framework for patient and consumer engagement strategy; drives the team in thought leadership, expertise development and overall execution
- Delivery of portfolio strategy: Provides leadership and governance to enable pull through of patient-oriented strategies and tactics, aligned to the cardiometabolic portfolio/brand priorities and needs
- Drives business and marketing synergies to maximize return on investment (ROI): Responsible for ensuring close collaboration and strategic alignment between therapeutic area marketing teams and Patient/Consumer marketing teams on brand priorities and needs to maximize impact for patients on Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) cardiometabolic products
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing. Manages all levels of staff including managers of others. Interacts proactively and extensively with Marketing brand leaders, senior leadership teams and Executive Team (ET) and ensures close collaboration with Sales, Medical/Clinical, Regulatory, Trade, Corporate Communications, Government Affairs and Legal functions as well as Global Marketing. External relationships include working with key customer market segments, vendors/agencies, patient organizations, consumer/patient thought leaders and influencers.
Participates as an active member of the NNI Leadership Team in shaping strategy, structure and culture. Serves as a member on Senior Advisory teams locally, as appropriate globally, and has regular interface with Executive Team.
- Strategic framework: Sets the framework for patient and consumer engagement strategy; drives the team in thought leadership, expertise development and overall execution to define and oversee the patient strategic direction and implementation across the portfolio
- Contributes to annual brand and portfolio strategy planning processes to ensure the effective integration of patient centered strategies and solutions and shape global patient strategies
- Leads patient marketing strategies and works with Marketing Leadership Team peers and other marketing colleagues to maximize product profitability
- Oversees and ensures alignment across functional-led patient initiatives including Corporate Communications, Government Affairs, Medical/Clinical, Trade, Brand and Managed Markets initiated programs. Works in close coordination with brands and Centers of Excellence (COEs) to ensure strategic alignment and achieve overall marketing goals and patient outcomes
- Facilitates collaboration to ensure cross functional stakeholders are involved, aligned, engaged, and empowered to drive patient centricity in all aspects of the business
- Delivery of portfolio patient strategy: Provides leadership and governance to enable pull through of patient-oriented strategies and tactics, aligned to the cardiometabolic portfolio/brand priorities and needs
- Leads Patient strategy for the Cardiometabolic portfolio and works closely with Centers of Excellence (COEs) to ensure alignment of strategy and partnership in execution
- Oversees the effective planning, integration, implementation, and measurement of patient solutions including brand plans, media purchase and optimization, relationship marketing, market research, Corporate branding, managed markets, etc.
- Provides strategic and tactical prioritization to guide investment decisions and resource allocation to optimize impact over activity
- Allocates, targets and manages investments, resources and budgets for Patient & Consumer to ensure achievement of Cardiometabolic Portfolio goals
- Builds relationships with key external stakeholders (namely patient organizations)
- Effectively leads prioritization of activities to ensure focus on high impact activities and employee engagement
- Selects and manages patient creative, relations management and multichannel agencies to create effective programs that maximize return on investment
- Drives business and marketing synergies to maximize ROI: Responsible for ensuring close collaboration and strategic alignment between therapeutic area marketing teams and Patient/Consumer marketing teams on brand priorities and needs to maximize impact for patients on NNI cardiometabolic products
- Defines the vision and capability development plan for the Patient Marketing organization
- Enables collaboration with field sales, sales training leadership teams to ensure patient programs and initiatives are aligned with the overall strategy
- Leads teams (coaching, motivating, providing direction) to deliver high performance, manage conflict and get results through others
- Actively participates as a member of the Marketing Leadership team in shaping strategy, structure, and culture
- Builds and centralizes new capabilities in patient market research, media, patient advocacy and multicultural marketing
- Explores, develops and ultimately optimizes new, innovative promotional channels to further build out our approach and capabilities
- Works effectively with global colleagues with all patient initiatives and helps infuse patient focus to improve business and health outcomes
20-30% overnight travel required.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have individual development plans (IDP), with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- A minimum of 15 years ' relevant sales, marketing, consumer marketing, or consumer brand management experience, demonstrating a steady career progression with increasing roles of responsibility required
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- At least five (5) years of patient or consumer marketing experience required
- Deep expertise in patient and consumer marketing, and data-driven marketing
- At least 8 years prior management experience required
- Ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal/external business partners/vendors
- Previous experience and success in leading strategic and tactical patient centered initiatives
- Proven track record of creative and innovative accomplishments delivering high impact results (based on metrics/ROI)
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competition Strategic Planning, Execution and follow-through skills required
- Strong analytical thinking and insight mining skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.