Vice President, Marketing Lead, Sleep Business Unit
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Vice President, Marketing Lead, Sleep BU will have primary responsibility for the strategic development and direction of branded promotional activities for Xyrem, solriamfetol, associated line extensions and future sleep brands in the United States, reporting to the Business Unit Head, Sleep.
This opportunity is available in both Palo Alto, CA and Philadelphia, PA
Strategic leadership and cross functional collaboration
- Develop near and long-term launch plans and brand plans, life-cycle management including LOE strategies and line extension launch plans for Xyrem and soriamfetol
- Develop franchise planning as appropriate to ensure Sleep BU assets are maximized across the portfolio; partner with cross functional team to ensure alignment on portfolio planning
- Drive product positioning and segmentation strategy that will contribute to the long-term growth of portfolio
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas and internal strategic partners (i.e. PMRC team, sales, sales training, corporate affairs, commercial ops, clinical, market access and other colleagues).
- Engage with leadership team to support business reviews and QR meetings to communicate brand performance in the Sleep BU
- Direct, leverage and guide marketing team and cross functional colleagues to prioritize and deliver on critical success factors to support brand performance
- Focus on result oriented performance, measuring outcomes on all marketing tactics and making investment recommendations based on return on investment (ROI).
- Plan and oversee branded advertising and promotion mix including creative development, sales force messaging, peer-to peer promotion, congress presence, consumer promotion (branded, general awareness, print) and integration of digital media efforts
- Review and evaluate the branded promotional material, market research plan and secondary data analysis; contribute to marketing strategy adjustments to meet changing market conditions.
- Adaptable to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change; coach internal and external teams to be adaptable and agile.
- Develop and manage brand and portfolio P&L: Partner with forecasting team and FP&A group to develop product forecasts and promotional budgets to support brand objectives
- Meet brand annual forecasts and spend targets
Develop marketing talent
- Develop marketing leaders and cultivate marketing skills and talent within the Jazz organization
- Inspire, lead and manage sleep marketing team and produce high performing teams
- 12-18 years of commercial and/or marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with experience launching /managing retail and specialty products. Experience in Established Brands and Managing LOE is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead product teams, implement product launches/line extensions, and achieve brand and market growth.
- Experience developing strategies and tactics, with a focus on sound implementation of through a combination of individual and team efforts, resulting in superior market growth.
- Degree in life science and/or business/marketing, MBA preferred
- US marketing experience required; ability to travel >40%.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.