The Commercial Field Team is a group of high-performers who bring our commercial strategy (primary care and specialty sales, costs, P&L) to life and propels our business forward. Every decision we make brings us closer to our patients and helps us grow our diabetes care portfolio. Every field team member manages a specific area of the United States and has what we like to call a “founder’s mindset.” This means we see ourselves as strong and positive leaders who thrive in aiming higher, trying new ideas, solving complex problems, and holding ourselves to a high standard.
The Area Commercial Lead (ACL) has responsibility for driving business performance of approximately 500 employees, $1.5B in sales, and $10-$15M T&E responsibility within Area while maintaining alignment with national priorities. The ACL is accountable for building high-performing field-based teams. This position is based in our U.S. corporate headquarters (Plainsboro, NJ), and requires a willingness to regularly travel to Area locations as well as national and global meetings. The ideal candidate will have prior leadership experience in General Management, Marketing, and Sales, as well as the ability to energize people, understand regional/area nuances, and translate business strategy to drive and enable high-performance.
Reporting to the SVP-Commercial, the ACL has direct supervisory responsibility for Regional Business Directors and Health System & Education Directors within Area. Internal relationships include interaction with Sales Operations, Analytics & Insights, Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Diabetes Educators, Legal, IT, and Human Resources. External relationships include Integrated Health Systems, community hospitals, local stakeholders and organizations
- Establishes strategic business partner relationships with commercial colleagues and each business sector in alignment with NNI’s operating model
- Directs area forecasting activities and reviews/informs insights and analyses to set and drive performance goals accordingly
- Defines regional ambition and leverage it to inform regional strategies and tactics; drive accountability relative to Area goals, thereby driving expected volume
- Understands local and regional markets and NNI assets to optimize the value of NNI’s portfolio in a cost effective manner through appropriate resource mix
- Leverages regional insights via collection and reconciliation of facts to determine portfolio messages to communicate within the Area
- Collaborates with other ACL’s and NNI support functions to cross-pollinate best practices and create an informal community of learning
- Consolidates and promotes internal and external best practices
- Leads development of teams and contributes to company efforts to foster a proactive, collaborative, inclusive, and customer-centric culture
- Implements appropriate levers for driving differentiation within the Area
- Ensures that performance management and individual development plans are aligned with broader business priorities
- Manages the application and communication of Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent (marketing, sales, or business administration); MBA or equivalent, preferred
- 15+ years of pharma /biotech/healthcare, HCR, or pharmaceutical product sales experience
- Successful track record of leading sales function at a large, multinational enterprise; specific experience in Market Access, project/program management, and product launch is preferred
- Experience leading large commercial teams (> 250 employees) encompassing multiple disciplines (sales, educators, health systems, commercial execution, etc.) and developing plans that leverage the synergies between disciplines
- 8+ years of supervisory experience leading and galvanizing direct reports and their teams
- Demonstrable experience making strategic decisions and investments aligned with market opportunities, and collaborating with and influencing executive leaders regarding strategy and execution of those decisions
- Demonstrable acumen in data management related to financial performance, market trends, insights, and analytics
- Experience developing strategy and enabling robust pull through
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59664BR
Job Category: Sales