Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology, a San Francisco based company focused on infectious disease, has an established business development team with a track record of success in acquiring companies and establishing partnerships with leading technology companies globally.
You will be responsible for business development and partnering activities including supporting operations, as required, and conducting product/market evaluations. You will be a business-minded strategic and operational leader who will bring strong corporate transaction, analytical, and general operations expertise to Company. You will help lead our internal and external business development and partnering activities, and collaborate with key functions to achieve Vir objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Lead global business development activities consistent with the Vir 's overall strategy set by the Senior Leadership Team and Board.
- Lead global search and evaluation efforts to identify potential partners and in-licensing opportunities for our research and product portfolio.
- Engage potential industry partners to identify new assets for collaboration on a worldwide basis.
- Lead and organize due diligence.
- Coordinate teams of internal and external experts to evaluate out-licensing and in-license product opportunities, including in-house and external scientific, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, financial, legal, IP experts.
- Lead and collaborate on complex contract negotiations with internal and external legal counsel, as needed.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Significant experience managing teams of people and successfully growing and developing those teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS required, MBA or other advanced business or science degree preferred.
- 15+ years' experience including at least 10 years' experience in business development, including multiple successful transactions in high growth Biotech/Pharma, Medical Device or related life sciences company.
- Successful track record in evaluating commercial opportunities.
- Extensive experience in managing partnerships/service providers through execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong analytical and quantitative modeling skills.
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Location: United States Remote
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.