Our client is a publicly held, clinical-stage biotechnology company headquartered in the US. They are focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics for oncology treatments and supportive care.
Reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer, the Vice President of Marketing will lead the development of strategic and tactical marketing plans and drive execution to ensure the achievement of key business objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with all key internal and external stakeholders in creating and overseeing the marketing strategy for current and future product candidates.
- Assess and advise senior leadership on existing and potential markets and creates marketing and brand plans.
- Continuously evaluate the marketplace, highlighting competitive intelligence to identify marketplace trends and shifts for internal stakeholders.
- Recommend adjustments to plans and strategy as appropriate.
- Build out the marketing function and oversee activities of internal and external resources in support of the marketing priorities which may include market research, trade shows to support sales, as well as patient support services.
- Lead the evaluation of strategies to support market access and the long-term growth of the organization.
- Establish critical commercial objectives and utilizes metrics to drive decision-making and measure success.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Medical, Regulatory, Legal and Clinical to coordinate commercial strategy.
- Manage P&L and work closely with Finance to ensure alignment around business-planning processes and timelines.
- Bachelor degree in life sciences, business, marketing, or related field (advanced degrees are preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry in a strategic leadership role in commercial.
- Experience with injectable oncology products.
- Experience leading the US launch of a pharmaceutical product and experience supporting multiple commercial product launches (experience launching oncology products in the US is preferred).
- Strive to lead by example, build strong relationships and emphasize collaboration in your activities.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation.
- Driven by results, able to articulate your vision and work towards achieving goals.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set direction, generate commitment, identify and resolve issues, and evaluate risk.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Consultative and possess influencing skills.