IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Women's Health Specialist/Educator to join our team of over 10,000 global field personnel supporting our pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
Women's Health Specialist/Educator
Patients are at the center of our business strategies. The Women's Health Specialist/Educator has primary responsibility/accountability for providing appropriate non-promotional, disease state education and resources to designated Health Care Professionals including office staff. This role will provide education about specific disease treatments regarding endometriosis and resources to help patients better begin and manage their disease state and resources associated with their prescribed medication. The Women's Health Specialist/Educators are responsible for participating in one-on-one communications with appropriate medical professionals within the associated treatment process. Since the program is strictly educational based the Women's Health Specialist/Educator will not provide medical advice or work clinically within this role.
- Accelerate Disease State Awareness by delivering clinical in-services to prescribers and staff
- Complete Initial and ongoing disease state training as required
- Participate in all required training and meetings
- Utilize the sales automation system to document call and program activity
- Fully leverage organization skill to prioritize targets and develop routing that is efficient and utilizes best access times to meet call targets
- Developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to the geography
- Management of assigned travel and commercial budgets within OPPF standards
- Any additional duties as assigned by program management and approved through the Project team
- In performing these duties, an DSE may never provide medical advice or seek to replace a conversation with a patient's HCP.
- An DSE should always: (i) only utilized AbbVie-approved materials; (ii) provide product information and support that is within the product's FDA-approved labeling;
- Maintain professional image for AbbVie and AbbVie products
- Bachelor's degree required
- Disease State Education experience preferred
- At least 1-year disease state experience, clinical experience or women's health pharmaceutical or biotech sales required
- Nursing background preferred with interest in moving to promotional role
- Women's Health Experience preferred
- Excellent group presentation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others and demonstrated effectiveness to work independently
- Demonstrated time management skills; planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and maintain prioritization of key projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work and drive for results and with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans in an independent environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and vision: challenge existing assumptions and interpretations
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with third parties using good negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to changing work environments and responsibilities
- Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iPad technology
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Travel to meetings and geographical demands (territory specific)
As the only global provider of commercial solutions, IQVIA understands what it takes to deliver nationally and internationally. Our people help biopharma get their medicines to the people who need them. We help customers gain insight and access to their markets and ultimately demonstrate their product's value to payers, physicians and patients. A significant part of our business is acting as the biopharma's sales force to physicians or, providing therapy area educational input to physicians and patients. With the right experience, you can help deliver medical breakthroughs in the real world.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1101734