IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is looking for a
Biostatistician - Consultant level
Join the Centre of Excellence for Retrospective Studies to help us deliver high-quality scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
- Contribute to the development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), programming specification and output documents
- Clean and prepare small to large-sized real-world healthcare databases
- Conduct statistical analysis on real-world databases as specified in the SAP
- Write-up and present results of statistical analysis
- Assist in the preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences
- Contribute to business development activities including proposal development
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents (e.g., SOPs and quality management documents)
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or in a related discipline
- Strong statistical programming skills in a statistical package (SAS, R and/or Stata)
- Proven experience working with large, individual-level data sets
- Excellent time management skills, contributing to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Experience designing and executing prospective or retrospective database studies
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Exposure to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Ideally, prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the healthcare industry
- Interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Publications in peer reviewed journals and/or abstracts in scientific conferences
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.