We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency. The primary responsibilities of the Medical Director are to help lead Medical strategy across multiple accounts, develop and oversee medical-based content and, to help capitalize on new business opportunities. As a client-facing lead, the Medical Director fosters relationships to secure agency business and ensure client satisfaction. From a strategic perspective, the Medical Director is expected to have comprehensive medical knowledge and understanding of both the therapeutic category (inclusive of the treatment paradigm and competitive landscape) and the compound (inclusive of brand data and brand positioning within competitive landscape). Being able to work independently, multi-task across accounts, lead internally, drive strategic collaboration, and be seen, as a valued internal and external partner are critical to the Medical Director role. This is a highly visible position that involves a great deal of client contact as well as interaction with our internal staff. Please present a strong, progressive history of success within either a pharmaceutical advertising agency or a promotional medical-education company.
- Proven strategic and medical thinking and the ability to read and distill data for a creative audience
- Proven leadership across and management of multiple accounts
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate internally and externally
- Ability to grow and develop key client and internal relationships
- New business experience, from organic growth to RFI/RFP planning, development, and execution
- Experience across both promotional and non-promotional medical communication activities
- Assist in the development of overall strategy for assigned therapeutic areas
- Review of materials and content developed for relevance, accuracy, and strategic direction
- Experience in acting as the liaison between the agency and our clients’ internal medical teams
- Advanced degree required (PhD, PharmD, MS).
- MUST have 3+ years’ experience with a medical communications agency in a scientific/medical role (prefer experience in pharmaceutical advertising)
- Broad therapeutic category experience
- Highly strategic with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of helping to developing creative scientific solutions for pharmaceutical clients.
- Strong experience in developing, reviewing, and managing scientific content produced within a pharmaceutical advertising agency.
- Excellent organization skills and precise attention to detail.
- Client facing experience.