About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Support Automation in developing strategic perspective for the automation IT system platform at a biotech API site, including aligning with the IT infrastructure components & global IT solutions. Coordinate & drive implementation of automation technology & solutions across the site & for new projects. Help identify department competency & process gaps & support developing methods to close these gaps.
- Define & manage automation system platform
- Support management of the system life system including project roadmap
- Support vendor/supplier relationships
- Manage interface with System Admins, IT & Global support
- Manage interface with vendors & external service suppliers
- Help establish & maintain local standards, such as user/technical specifications, operating procedures, validation approach, change management, maintenance plans, etc.
- Develop plans to maintain & improve process automation systems
- Coach & train peers & stakeholders
- Evaluate new projects & initiatives for automation impact, scope, cost, resource demands, etc.
- Employ advanced cLEAN® tools within the main areas of problem solving, project & change management
- Manage quality expectations & ensure system compliance
- BA/BS in engineering/related field, or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of pharmaceutical project automation experience
- Relevant technical knowledge & experience within automation technology & solution areas
- Ability to drive process solutions by working proactively with a broad range of project stakeholders & Novo Nordisk automation / IT stakeholders
- DeltaV experience
- Historian experience
- PLC, other controller & field device experience
- Experience in working with external engineering consultants
- Highly competent leader with project management experience
- Written & verbal communication skills to allow interaction with all levels of operations & management
- Proven expertise in project management, in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up & completion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.