IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our business, integrated within Clinical Operations. We're using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
Software Engineering - the role
As a member of a fast growing team, within a growing area of the business, this role presents exciting opportunities for career progression. Working with an enormous breadth of data, you will be able to design and develop data science applications on the latest big data platforms. As a member of the team of software engineers and data scientists you will have the opportunity and support to develop truly innovative solutions in support of the business.
Your typical activities might include:
- Collaborating with business owners, subject matter experts, and go to market teams to develop data science applications and services to support CRO business, including optimizing design and execution of clinical trials, and improving risk management.
- Collaborating on multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Designing and developing micro services to enable integration with legacy applications.
- Writing automated tests to verify the application/service functionality.
- Documenting the application design and architecture.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with Python
- 2+ years of relevant experience with Spark
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- Experinece with containerized applications
- Experince with AWS
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience working on big data platforms
- Strong Functional and Object Oriented development background
- Experience working with large volumes of complex claims data.
- Experience working in a collaborative agile environment
- Local language skills, to an advanced level (spoken and written), with complete fluency in English.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1092867