IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Database Support Analyst
This is staff position within the Data Management Group providing support of customer EDI and flat file data processing functions. This position involves monitoring data processing systems, EDI transaction flow, and providing error resolution. This position is also responsible for maintaining a library of data processing standards and procedure manuals. This role will report into our Orchard Park, NY Office and align to ValueCentric, an IQVIA company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor EDI data processing workflow
- Responds to inquiries regarding the status of data
- Manages data transmission processes
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Implementation teams on issues relating to customer data
- Work with trading partners to resolve technical issues associated with EDI transaction sets and file layouts.
- Back-out and re-process customer data
- Support customer requests for customizations of EDI data processing and data mapping
- Maintains documentation associated with all facets of the position
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or related preferred
- Experience working with EDI data transactions
- Knowledgeable and proficient in writing and executing SQL queries, preferably in an Oracle environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and schedule activities associated with the processing of customer data
- Proven ability to efficiently manage and implement quick-turnaround of tactical requests.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a face paced work environment
- The desire to work with a diverse team of database administrators, software developers, customer support, and client implementation staff
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1088417