Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes research, care and treatment. In addition, Novo Nordisk helps people defeat other serious chronic conditions such as rare bleeding disorders, growth hormone related disorders and obesity. We create value through a patient centered business approach and balance a business philosophy of being financial, social and environmentally responsible. Working here is not just a way to make a living, but a way to make a difference. Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better. You will not only have the opportunity to work with top talent but also benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
- Ranked #77 on the Forbes 2018 Most Reputable Companies List
- Ranked #7 on the Great Place to Work® 2018 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma List
- Ranked #95 on Fortune Magazine's 2018 100 Best Companies to Work For List
- Ranked #40 on the Great Place to Work® 2018 Best Workplaces for Giving Back List
- Ranked #91 on the Great Place to Work® 2017 Best Workplaces for Women List
- Ranked #10 on the Great Place to Work® 2017 Best Workplaces in Health Care List
- Ranked #16 on the Great Place to Work® 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back List
- Ranked #5 on Science Magazine's 2017 Top Employer List
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to kick-start their careers by working closely with experienced industry professionals and gaining valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, beginning June 3rd, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. In addition to individual department responsibilities, interns will participate in the Innovation in Action Case Competition. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative and comprehensive solution to a business problem currently facing Novo Nordisk. At the conclusion of the program, teams will present their findings to a board of top Novo Nordisk Inc., officials representing the various lines of business.
What You Will Gain
Our Early Talent Summer Internship Program will challenge you to be dynamic, efficient and innovative. Novo Nordisk’s workplace will allow you to gain exposure to a real-life corporate environment while providing you with hands-on working experiences. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, career presentations by our senior leadership, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.
Scope of Position
You will assist the South Commercial Area needs on one of the following initiatives:
The first initiative will have a focus on the Primary Care, Endocrinology Diabetes Care Specialist (EDCS), and the Pharmacy Sales Force. You will have the opportunity to go on field rides with sales representatives to provide feedback and insight. You will also assist on various projects that support the South Area Commercial Team. Projects could include Product Samples, Interface, and a focus on a strategic project within one of the Regions within the South Area.
The second initiative will focus on Health Systems (HS) and the Diabetes Educator aspects of the business. You will have the opportunity to go on field rides with Diabetes Educators and sales representatives to provide feedback and insight. You will also assist on various projects that support the South Area Commercial Team. Projects could include Product Samples, Interface, and a focus on a strategic project within one of the HS Districts within the South Area.
- Throughout the duration of the internship program, you must be currently attending an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, finance or a related discipline
- Strong academic record with a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59433BR
Job Category: Sales