Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Clinical Programming Group within the Department of Biostatistics is responsible for developing software for the analysis of clinical study data in accordance with departmental SOPs and guidelines.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings, representing the programming function.
- Create or review and approve programming plans at study and project level.
- Provide input on key study-related documents produced by other functions (e.g. CRFs, Data Management Plan, SAPs, etc.)
- Create or review and approve CDISC-compliant datasets and corresponding documentation for electronic submission to regulatory agencies.
- Develop software systems to generate displays of clinical study data as tables, listings, and graphs for electronic submission to regulatory agencies
- Assist statisticians by suggesting algorithms to address novel analysis requests
- Develop software validation procedures and test plans, as necessary.
- Create and document archives of software, outputs, and analysis files.
- Create and maintain department SOPs related to clinical programming.
- Review draft clinical reports, journal articles, slide presentations, and other documents to assure that results are reported accurately.
- Oversee work of internal contract programmers and external vendors.
- Provide time and resource estimates for project planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific fields; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing software for clinical trials using the SAS system
- Skilled in programming with SAS. Knowledge of additional programming languages a plus.
- Good knowledge of statistics and drug development process
- Experience as a lead programmer for NDAs/BLAs
- Experience overseeing the work of internal contractors and external vendors (CROs)
- Experience in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics modeling a plus
- Familiarity with CDISC standards, including SDTM and ADaM models
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.