About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Lead for the site Mechanical Integrity (MI) Program, ensuring compliance with OSHA’s PSM Requirements. Act as Site Reliability Engineer over static equipment (heat exchangers, pressure vessels, piping, valves, etc. Act as champion for the Reliability Excellence program driving continuous improvements into maintenance and reliability processes.
- Manage contracts with external groups to perform MI inspections & ensure applicable documentation is in audit ready state.
- Represent site in regulatory inspections & audits for areas within scope of work.
- Lead Systematic Problem Solving and reporting activities. Develop engineering solutions for repetitive failures.
- Support Reliability dept with implementation of projects focused on improving maintenance processes & CMMS data for API US. Drive alignment across the site.
- Provide training to & facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to classify assets & develop cost effective maintenance plans & spare parts stocking strategies to support 24/7 Operations.
- Create metrics to visualize maintenance performance for stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate, complete & standardized data is entered into CMMS.
- Provide input to Risk Management Plan in anticipation of risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Support site shutdown planning & execution.
- Ensure effective communication & positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Drive continuous process improvements using cLEAN® or Six Sigma tools.
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS in Engineering/related field or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Maintenance & Reliability / Asset Management Accreditation l (CMRP, CRL, AMP) or equivalent
- Minimum of (5) years in engineering field with a focus in equipment reliability & Maintenance, to include a risk-based approach in development/optimization of maintenance strategies
- Proficiency with programming languages: writing code & implementing computer programs on multiple systems. Excel-Macros, Python, Java scripting, C++
- Aptitude for learning & implementing new technologies
- Working knowledge of best-in-class maintenance practices & metrics
- Working knowledge of using CMMS (SAP PM & MM preferred)
- Working knowledge of the following concepts: FMEA, RCM, Reliability by Design, PM optimization, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Analysis
- Demonstrated experience in implementing cross functional/team-based improvements, knowledgeable in change management fundamentals
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements related to manufacturing & documentation (cGMP, cGDP)
- Knowledgeable with Pharmaceutical / Chemical processing equipment
- Demonstrated experience with complex data management in excel
- Demonstrated experience in driving improvements using cLEAN® or Six Sigma tools
- Proven expertise in project management, change management & stakeholder management
- Creation of work plans for medium complexity projects/plans being executed by cross functional teams
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility
- Occasionally operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Must be able to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Occasionally positions oneself to transfer materials within manufacturing environment.
- Frequently moves about building(s) to access other personnel & operational areas.
- Corrected vision to 20/25 &/or ability to pass vision screening assessment necessary to procure motorized vehicle license, may be required based on role
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access service equipment; works atop elevated positions at heights
- Must be capable of securing a motorized vehicle license & operate a motorized vehicle.
- Occasionally works around odorous &/or hazardous materials
- Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely cold work environments
- Occasionally positions oneself within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.