United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
This position can be located in our RTP, NC office, OR can be remote in Eastern Standard Time, or Central Standard Time with a travel expectation of at least one week per quarter in the RTP, NC office.
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Senior SQL Data Engineer will support the initiative to rearchitect the EDW from the ground up. The individual in this role will serve as a core team member to design, develop, and own this system. This role will assess our current code base, patch bugs, and improve our SQL code as we transition to the new EDW. This role is a key member of our team and will be integral to supporting the commercial operations of UT.
- Responsible for writing and debugging complex SQL code
- Develop performant SQL code
- Support ETL engineers with integration projects
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex data and our internal customer needs
- Document and maintain models, business rules, and code
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 10+ years of experience in a business-critical enterprise data warehouse; experience as an SQL programmer in both OLAP and OLTP systems; and experience building business critical EDW and pipelines with a H.S. Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience and understanding of integrations with third party systems and
- 3+ years of experience working with AppDev and BI/AI team members
- SQL Server, Azure Managed SQL
- Advanced ETL with impure, incomplete, and problematic source data
- Highly proficient and excels in working with custom applications and complicated data platforms - beyond off-the-shelf systems
- Experience with data validation
- Experience developing data models for use in business intelligence tools
- Experience working with star schemas
- Understanding of data security, privacy, and controls
- Experience building slowly changing dimensions
- Associate degree in information technology or engineering or an applicable discipline and 8+ years of experience in a business-critical enterprise data warehouse; experience as an SQL programmer in both OLAP and OLTP systems; and experience building business critical EDW and pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/sciences (BA/BS) in information technology or engineering or an applicable discipline and 6+ years of experience in a business-critical enterprise data warehouse; experience as an SQL programmer in both OLAP and OLTP systems; and experience building business critical EDW and pipelines with a bachelor's degree
- May consider commensurate experience and/or combination of education and experience.
- Biotechnology or Pharma experience a plus
- Azure Data Factory
- Exposure to Tableau or Power BI
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities