Senior Clinical Programmer
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We're a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you'll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you've dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you'll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients' lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn't just a number, they're our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Utilizes primary development tools including Medidata, Rave, Oracle OC/RDC, Oracle Inform, and/or SAS, and other supporting tools to design, write, validate, and maintain software to meet specifications in a timely and productive manner following standard development procedures.
• Generates and maintains all required documentation, including the development of specifications, programs, and validation efforts in support of annotated Case Report Forms (CRFs), database creation, coding configuration, edit check procedures, import setup and processing, export setup and processing, listings, and custom reports..
• Serves on project teams to coordinate and lead development activities for clinical programming projects. Attends meetings, participates in discussions, uses an analytical approach to problem solving, focuses on deliverables, and provides constructive feedback. Keeps those responsible for project management informed of any issues that might impact project target dates, scope, or budget and escalates potential problems effectively and in a timely manner. Balances multiple task assignments and communicates needs to supervisor to obtain needed resources.
• Provides technology support to the clinical programming staff, Project Analysts, Data Managers, etc., who design, write, validate, and maintain software to meet specifications in a timely and productive manner following standard development procedures. This includes support of the development of specifications, coding, and validation efforts in support of annotated CRFs, database creation, coding setup, edit-check procedures, import setup and processing, export setup and processing, listings, and custom reports
• Provides application administration and technical support as the subject matter expert on core business packages including but not limited to: Oracle Inform, MDSOL Rave, Oracle RDC, -, SAS, and supplemental packages such as migration mentor/review, reporting tools, custom functions.
• Ensures high quality deliverables by providing senior review of study level/program level/multi study core deliveries for accuracy. Attends sponsor audits and assists with in-progress audits.
• Reviews and provide input on study budgets and monitors scope of work to actual work, alerting management of potential change orders; manages and executes the change order to completion. Provides input and supporting details for change orders.
• Monitors applications for workflow alerts, system errors, and performance issues. Provides second tier help desk support, as needed.
• Performs system integration activities, application updates, and user acceptance testing.
• Provides leadership, training, guidance, and support to other department members based upon expertise in specific skill sets. Collaborates with clients, peers, lead programmers, project teams, and/or requestors to clarify and finalize specifications; uses expanded technical skills to meet evolving project needs.
• Assists in project meetings and actively contributes and participates in departmental review meetings.
• Attends Quick Start Camps (QSCs) as the lead Clinical Programmer role for assigned studies.
• Leads clinical programming activities on three (3) to ten (10) concurrent studies depending upon scope, similarity, program, and resourcing requirements.
• Manages project resources, proactively alerting management of delivery and resourcing needs.
• Possesses and maintains a broad overall knowledge in the field of clinical programming and clinical data management by reading related literature, self-training, attending training classes, attending professional meetings, etc.
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• The ability to deal effectively with sponsors and internal customers at all levels.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment
• Experience working in a matrix-structured environment is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and Voicemail
• Experience with programming languages, such as PL/SQL, SAS, C#, or VB preferred.
• Ability to travel as necessary (up to 25%)
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.