IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Sales Director, Text Analytics Software
Linguamatics, Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with an emphasis on high value biomedical and healthcare applications. Thanks to a great team and innovative use of natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and is used by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, major health systems and academic medical centers and governmental organizations such as the FDA and NIH. We are now looking for an experienced account manager to help drive the growth of our business in the Northeast US.
What to expect
- Developing new business from sales of software and services across multiple clients in the Northeast US, principally in the pharmaceutical industry
- Travelling to customer sites and industry events to present the Linguamatics solution and its benefits
- Seeking and developing new leads, progress them through the sales cycle, negotiate and close licensing and professional services deals
- Developing and enhancing existing and new customer relationships and proactively identify and support opportunities within established customers to help them meet their goals
- Working closely with other parts of the Linguamatics organisation in the US and UK to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
Our ideal candidate will be/ have
- Direct software sales experience, including winning new customers and account management in the pharma/biotech sector
- Track record of closing high value software deals, and ability to sell at the enterprise level
- Track record of building and maintaining long term customer relationships
- Established contacts in the pharma/biotech industry
- Experience of selling complex technical solutions, including software, SaaS, and professional services, with ability to recognise new business opportunities
- Experience of dealing with multinational organisations
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, communicate and execute a business growth strategy for a given territory
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Education to at least BA/BS level in a relevant discipline
- Ability to travel extensively with a clean or low risk driving license
- Familiarity with search, text mining, analytics, or informatics software desirable
This is a challenging and exciting role in a dynamic, rapidly expanding, UK and US- based company with an opportunity to work with top organisations in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and other industries. If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the team and the success of our business, we'd love to hear from you.
The RWS Technology & Data Science mission is to deliver world-class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large-scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA's ongoing and rapid growth in RWS Solutions, as well as the development of new product lines - this requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualization, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer-reviewed journals or patented by our team.
We are serious about healthcare software. We have a dedicated, collaborative team with meaningful shared goals who can use the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, and the best analytics tools to achieve them. And we have fun on the journey!
We invite you to be part of a recognized global leader willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. You will be in good company, amongst some of the finest minds in Technology and Healthcare.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1088764