Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
IT Emerging Talent Rotational (ETR) Program: In 2 Years, Explore 3 Roles
Our Company has always been and always will be inventing, and we do it for the single greatest purpose: Life. Here, IT operates at the intersection of technology, health care, and the life sciences. Apply to our IT Emerging Talent Rotation Program and become part of a vibrant and diverse tapestry of thinkers, dreamers, and doers. It’s three enriching opportunities in one!
Over the course of 2 years, you will explore three very different roles and areas of IT. Working in teams, alongside highly skilled professionals, you will develop your knowledge, build your network and enhance your professional experience. You can do this all within in the safety of a large company that provides a valuable suite of compensation and benefit programs as well as mentors and resources to support your professional achievement and personal well-being.
We’re looking for people who have a passion for applying technology to invent novel life-saving drugs, broaden access to medicines and vaccines, and enable next-generation healthcare solutions. You are inspired by a challenge and can’t wait to apply your fresh and deepening knowledge of Data and Analytics, IoT, AI, Automation, AWS, DevOps, Agile or Scrum. Maybe for you, it’s Blockchain or Python/R scripting, or agile software development and design thinking. Maybe you like the 20,000-foot view of architecture and or the detail of end-to-end business process design. Maybe it’s cyber security and the thrill of protecting and defending that gets you out of bed in the morning. This is three opportunities in one, and upon successful completion of the program, you will be offered final job placement within our IT team and with a phenomenal company focused on saving and improving lives.
So, if you’ve recently graduated or will graduate by May of next year, you excel in team environments, you love to learn and want to share your knowledge, and you’re interested in a full-time, entry-level position, here’s the nitty gritty:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- You recently graduated or will graduate by May of next year with a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree (non PhD, MBA) in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, Computer Science or similar.
In an ideal world… (Requirements)
- You are a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- You have a passion for using technology for healthcare advancement
- You have a background in data science and data analytics, programming languages, and/or relevant software competency (i.e. R, Python, Java, C++), AI/machine learning, automation, Cloud and AWS, DevOps, agile or Scrum, IoT, cyber security, architecture and or software engineering
- You completed least 1 internship or co-op in a technology related field
- You would welcome the opportunity to begin a career in a full-time, entry level position
- You are excited to try at least 3 different technology-related roles over the course of 2 years
- You will embrace moving when any of your assignments require you to do so (including but not limited to MA, NJ, PA, TX)
- You thrive in and engender a diverse and inclusive culture
- You can manage multiple priorities and handle yourself professionally— even under pressure
- You are a self-starter and will work with limited supervision (i.e. you have a strong work ethic)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- You worked hard and had a GPA of 3.3 or higher
- You want to put your genius to work to help save and improve lives
- You aspire to be the best at what you do
- You communicate well both in-person and via written media
- In the past 2 years, you held a leadership position(s) in community organization(s) or extracurricular(s) (lead, president, captain)
- You are on top of the latest and greatest in techniques, trends and technologies
- You have some experience advancing healthcare through technology
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
FTP2021 IT2021 GHC2020 ETR2021
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: