Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director Global Oncology Value Access & Pricing will both develop and execute the market access and pricing strategies for the assigned asset. This person will own the pricing and access strategy for the assigned oncology asset(s). This person will report to the Sr Director, Global Oncology Value Pricing & Access, and will be responsible for providing strategic and technical expertise to drive the success of the asset. As per life cycle progress, this individual may develop and support the PRA strategies and tactics of additional indications. With manager oversight, the individual will lead global pricing strategy development, access strategy development and partner with stakeholders in the development of innovative access solutions. The role involves establishing strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Access leads; alliance partners; and strong collaborations with global functions including but not limited to Commercial, Marketing, Medical, Clinical Development, Public & Government Affairs.
- Lead the development of innovative / impactful pricing, reimbursement, and access strategies working cross-functionally/regionally for follow-on indications. Lead in the creation of payer value messaging and payer support materials.
- Lead and conceptualize pricing, access, and reimbursement market research studies to inform competitive landscape, go-to- market strategies and pricing policies; in collaboration with key regions/markets. Ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Collaborate and provides input to Clinical on trial design, endpoints, evidence generation plans, and comparators to support optimal price, access, and reimbursement. Contributes as an individual/matrix team member to the development and implementation of global pricing policies providing global payer insights to internal stakeholders
- Enhance information exchange and best practice sharing across regions; drive adoptions of pricing tools and resources. Lead and contribute to internal initiatives to expand expertise within pricing and market access group
- Ensure pricing inputs assumptions are incorporated into the forecasting and strategic planning process. Provide pricing input to key planning processes for Brand planning and portfolio review
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Graduate level (Masters or higher) training in economics, business, life sciences, or another analytical commercial discipline preferred
- 7 or More Years overall related experience and/or commensurate education/experience required
- 7 or More Years experience in the health care field, including significant experience in pricing, reimbursement and market access for pharmaceuticals preferred
- oncology experience; worked on an multi-indication oncology product is desirable preferred
- Experience developing global launch pricing strategy, including assessment of optimal launch sequence, and global/regional launch price corridors preferred
- Proven track record in pricing research and a strong technical understanding of pricing best practices (e.g., payer research methods, qualitative and quantitative pricing assessments, and awareness/understanding of international reference pricing) required
- Experience in developing value messages and general communication strategy related to payers for US and global markets required
- Sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements, and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of market types including EU5 and key global markets in private & public settings required
- Process and results oriented - capable of driving large, complex work streams required
- Strong project management skills; demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors required
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills required
- Experience in Global/Regional/Affiliate level market access function desirable preferred
- Knowledge of contracting and tendering in the EU and Asia Pacific Market preferred
- Proficiency in another language to support the EU market preferred (Italian, German, Spanish) preferred
- Good understanding of HEOR and RWE concepts and its impact on pricing & access preferred
- Knowledge of clinical trial designs; sound understanding of clinical development & life cycle required
- Knowledge of IRP and usage IRP tools to develop a launch sequence strategy preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Global Access landscape, including key stakeholders preferred
Ability to travel up to 20% - Domestic and Global
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.