Requisition ID: DIR026628
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Women's Health Customer Representative supports customers by providing clinical information on Merck products, as well as education, clinical training programs, and resources. They do this to support customer needs in an effort to help the provider or system meet the goals of their patients.
The Women's Health Customer Representative is the primary point of contact for a variety of customers within their assigned geography. These customers may include: health care providers such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists as well as quality directors, LARC initiative personnel and office managers. Within their geography there are a diverse set of health care locations that they will call upon in order to execute their role including: clinics, health departments, integrated delivery systems, and hospitals.
The Women's Health Customer Representative is a key member of the local Customer Team that works collaboratively with other Merck field based employees such as the Payer AEs, IDS AEs GAEs and WHAEs, as well as other members of the Merck extended team.
The primary activities include:
- Engaging in balanced product sales presentations with Health Care Providers and Health Care Business Professionals to align customer needs and Merck products in accordance with product labeling and professional society recommendations.
- Providing Merck management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards quality goals.
- Providing customers with key insights by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of Merck promotional materials.
- Conducting Clinical Training Programs to deliver required training to customers in support of the utilization of our products
- Regularly monitoring their business performance against objectives using company provided tools.
- Developing a territory level business plan in accordance with Merck policies, standards and ethics.
- Maintaining product knowledge and certification on the Merck portfolio for which they are responsible.
- Within select customer accounts, acts as primary point of contact for the customer, meet with key customers/personnel to maintain understanding of their current practice structure, business model, and key influencers (Managed Care Organization/payers, employers, state policy), and their patients' needs. Identifies business opportunities and makes information available to relevant stakeholders to support the identified customer and organizational needs.
- For select customer accounts, coordinate with Merck customer team (Account Executives, Integrated Delivery System team, Solutions support teams, etc.) to outline customer strategy for interactions/relationships aimed at improved customer and patient support.
- Required: BA/BS
- Demonstrated excellence in current or previous educational or professional roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Valid Driver's license
- Ability to convey technical concepts accurately and clearly
- Previous sales, account management, consultative, or customer service experience
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic
Other Locations: Burlington, VT, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Springfield MA