Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir is seeking a hands-on Senior IT Systems Operations Engineer to lead management of Vir's Office 365 and identity systems. Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, you will be in a technical, individual contributor role, focusing on Microsoft 365 (Office 365) configuration, features, and security, along with maintaining integrated identity systems including Active Directory (AD), Azure AD, and Okta. You will work closely with Information Security and other engineers in IT Operations to provide a secure, robust environment that enable's Vir's mission. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes administration of AD as well as experience in Microsoft cloud environments, excellent vendor management skills, and have a superior service-oriented approach to IT operations.
Vir's IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir's IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Maintain and enhance Vir's Microsoft 365 environment, including Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Manage Active Directory, Azure AD, and Okta federated infrastructure.
- Support integration of additional applications into the existing environment, including new Okta SSO and Microsoft 365 integrations.
- Collaborate with Information Security to configure and monitor the environments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS with a minimum of five (5) years OR MS with a minimum of three (3) years in Computer Science or equivalent of industry experience preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in management of Microsoft 365 environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in design and administration of Okta, Active Directory, Azure AD services
- Experience in systems administration of core infrastructure computing services (Domain Controllers, DNS, data security, data replication, and monitoring) preferred.
- Certification is a plus: Okta, MCSE and others as relevant.
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir's dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment.
- Preferred locations near Vir offices - San Francisco, Portland, St Louis.
- Open to providing relocation assistance
# LI Remote
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.