Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Title: AI Software Engineer
Technology Solutions division of IQVIA develops and markets healthcare-focused enterprise software applications including Master Data Management, CRM, Multi-channel Marketing, Content Management, Social and Compliance solutions. The Digital Office leads the transformation of the Technology Solutions product portfolio and is developing a cloud-based micro-intelligence platform bringing a layer of smart services to Technology Solutions' software offering called "Ada". Ada's algorithms use machine learning, natural language processing and deep learning techniques as appropriate, and relies on a big data layer.
As an Ada "AI" software engineer, you will participate to the delivery of algorithms that enhance the daily life and professional outcomes of our end-users. You will join a team of other software engineers, Machine learning engineers, big data and cloud engineers, all responsible for the delivery of Ada from the ground up. This role sits between the Machine Learning team and the platform team, ensuring the productization of the algorithms for optimal performance on the platform. You will ensure that the algorithm code is delivered through our continuous integration and automated testing frameworks and support their integration by/with other products via high-performing and well documented APIs. Ideal candidates will bring a well-rounded skillset capable of spanning business, data science and software development disciplines to shape and support our production-grade machine learning solutions.
The Ada team is looking for an AI Software Engineer.
Do you have a passion for building great products? Do you believe in customer-centricity? Do you have strong analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills? Do you want to work in a positive, can-do environment where collaboration and growth mindset are valued?
Our team's values:
- We focus on building software that adds value for our customers
- We believe that the best idea or opinion precedes the title of its author
- We are respectful of everybody's "think" time, optimizing meetings and limiting interruptions as much as possible
- We value attitude over aptitude; no jerks allowed
- We value ownership, accountability, openness in collaboration and feedback
- We test our code before handing it off: unit tests, ML tests, (continuous) integration tests, etc
- We believe in reusing existing solutions over reinventing the wheel, and automating where possible
- We seek continuous improvement, individually and as a team
- Productize algorithms in true enterprise-grade applications, that are deployable, trainable, and updatable fully automatically, using our continuous integration and automated testing frameworks
- Support the algorithm integration by/with other products via high-performing and well documented APIs
- Improve the CI/CD and automated testing frameworks as needed
- Interface with ML engineering and platform teams for a cadenced development of production-grade algorithms
- Design and develop proof-of-concept solutions as needed
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or 2-5 years relevant experience in software development
- Advanced proficiency with at least one computing language, such as Python and one of C++, Java or Scala(preferred C++ as second)
- Good scripting and programming skills, including object-oriented programming
- Experience with software engineering best practices (programming, testing, version control, agile development, etc)
- Experience with source control (GitHub) and working in a Linux environment
- Creative problem solver with a solid understanding of statistics, text analytics, natural language processing and/or machine learning methods and strategies
- Experience with designing and optimizing APIs a plus
- Database experience (MySQL, Redshift/Postgres, graph databases) a plus
- Experience with Airflow a plus
- Experience with containerized deployments (Docker container) and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience distilling and presenting complex concepts to a business audience
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
To be successful as a member of the Ada Team, the candidate must also:
- Work well in a collaborative, team-based environment (both work autonomously and as part of a team)
- Be a self-starter who enjoys collaborating
- Is flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Is fast and efficient and able to juggle multiple projects
- Consider feedback as an opportunity to grow
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1079122