Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
This position is part of the Quality and Commercial Operations organisation within Technical Operations based in Dublin or Palo Alto. The primary role of the LMS Manager is to support and maintain the Learning Management System (LMS) in collaboration with the existing team of Training Coordinators and to supervise the LMS Administrators.
The LMS Manager defines the training needs across the Jazz Business units in collaboration with the existing team of LMS Administrators and Training Coordinators and prepares this information for input into the Learning Management System (LMS) as part of the ongoing management of the JazzLearn LMS (SABA Cloud VEMS). The LMS Manager maintains curricula for each department/role and is also responsible for the scheduling and assignment of training as well as supporting the development of training courses (eLearning, SOP's and Work Instructions) in response to emerging business needs. The LMS Manager is responsible for supporting the quarterly management release activities for Saba Cloud VEMS, including validation and maintenance of standard learning processes. This role is responsible for reporting on metrics and completion of training as required, and any other training needs as required by the LMS Sr Manager.
- Provide LMS support during internal audits and regulatory inspections by acting as SME and providing requested data
- Manage the budget for the LMS including raising PO's for external service providers, invoice review and approval
- Manage the LMS Administrators, resource management, level load tasks, performance review and personnel development
- Investigation and resolve deviations related to the LMS including impact assessment and raise CAPAs to ensure these deviations do not recur.
- Issue triage, troubleshooting, management of system changes, business analysis, periodic reviews and continuous improvements to the system
- Work closely with authors across organizations and document controllers in the quality assurance department to make sure that all company-wide GxP training requirements are identified and that this training is delivered within the required timelines
- Support the identification of individual and general training needs for Jazz in collaboration with the Training Coordinators so that training is aligned with Job Roles, Tasks and Duties and it is assigned and maintained appropriately in the LMS.
- Act as Super TC, liaise with the network of TC's to support learners globally and ensure appropriate training is assigned via Job Roles
- Maintain the system for training curricula for the LMS and support the on-going changing needs as required
- Support Training Needs Analysis for the development of training courses to support emerging business needs for Jazz
- Design, implement and report on key metrics for training and track compliance with mandatory training needs. Oversee the LMS dashboard and provide system effectiveness indicating metrics for Management Review.
- Schedule and coordinate training across the Jazz network. Maintain and improve Prescriptive Rules
- Train new LMS administrators and ensure their training remains current
- Support continuous improvement projects to enhance compliance with training programs by Jazz
- Perform ongoing JazzLearn Validation activities
- Manage and maintain the External Domain for external learners
- Draft and circulate system level communications
- Act as a LMS consultant to the business and participate in cross functional teams as required
- Act as delegate LMS BPO
- Support on-boarding of colleagues due to acquisitions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, (Saba Cloud VEMS advantage) building curricula for individual training plans, content development and report generation
- Strong computer literacy, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Organised, with good time management and prioritization
- A true self starter, who works effectively on their own initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, with a high customer service focus and strong relationship management abilities
- Collaborative team player with effective team working skills, and the ability to work independently as required
- Highly committed, demonstrating patience, enthusiasm and energetic approach to the role
- Project management and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of GXP regulations as they apply to training in the Pharmaceutical industry
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- A qualification in Learning and Development to Diploma Level or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.